What type of visas for Peru are there?
What are the legal documents you need to live in Peru? What is the process like and how long does it take? Read about the new requirements, and papers that you need to bring to Peru.
NVC Abogados has helped hundreds of clients from more than 45 countries to obtain their residence permit for Peru. Due to more than sixteen years of experience with immigration, we have an excellent connection with the relevant authorities. This broad network ensures that your immigration process will be a smooth and fast one. Besides, we personally help you with every step and will make sure that you only need to attend the necessary appointments. Our philosophy, it is bassically you smile for the photo, sign the papers and have your finger prints taken.
Let us do the work for you. Your satisfaction is our priority, we guarantee you the fastest process possible. From the moment, we hand in your documents, you will not have to wait more than 90 days to pick up your Peruvian ID card (carné de extranjería, in Spanish).
Not sure yet which kind of visa is the best one for you? Here’s an overview of the most common visa types we work with:
A work visa is required if you would like to live and work in Peru. Many employers are only willing to hire foreigners when their work visa is already established and the employee is allowed to work in Peru.
You may also apply for a work visa as CEO of your own company. Setting up a company in Peru is a straightforward process, we’re happy to assist you with this part of your immigration process, too.
When you apply for a work visa in Peru for the first time, you’ll be given a temporary visa which needs to be renewed every year. After three years, you can apply for a permanent visa.
- Police Clearance Certificate
- With a temporary visa, you need to be living at least 183 days a year in Peru.
- The duration of your Peruvian work contract needs to be between 1-3 years.
- The visa has to be renewed yearly, therefore the immigration office needs proof that your job is real. As an extra service, we provide you with a yearly reminder email about this matter.
Let us help you to be prepared for your next employer. With your own business or another company.
Are you ready to start your immigration process?
Reading information online is always helpful to get first ideas but everyone’s personal situation is different. Therefore, we offer you an easy way to book a consultation:
- Consultations about one or several topics of your choice
- No matter where you are in the world, the consultation time is shown in your time zone and will take place via Zoom.
- Get a professional evaluation by an experienced Peruvian immigration lawyer
- Safe payment with PayPal or bank transfer
- Consultation at our office in Lima by prior agreement